Sunday, March 11, 2007

NCCE sessions - Jennifer Arms - Web 2.0 Cool Tools

Jennifer Arms broke down Web 2.0 into three components:
1. User generated content – blogs, wikis,
2. Social Networking – myspace, 2nd life
3. Web 2.0 puts power in communities -ratemyteacher.com (I haven't been rated. I checked.)

The best part of this session was learning how to text message google and get information. I found what sms stands for. That’s cool. Not what sms stands for, but instant info from my phone. She also talked about how teachers have taught architecture, cooking and language classes in 2nd life.

I should build myself an avatar, and look for some social bookmarking to add to my site. I need to be more hip. She had a lot to offer that I need to spend some time looking through and trying out. Just as soon as I'm done with report cards.

No comments: